Pre-K Web Page
Mrs. P. Beltecas
contact email: Pbeltecas@schools.nyc.gov
Mrs. J. Tchaconas
Contact Email: email@example.com
AT HOME LEARNING
Some fun activities to do at home with your child:
- Take a walk, go in your yard or look out the window and discuss the signs of spring. Make sure you are with an adult family member when you go outside for a walk.
- Plant seeds in potting soil and use a plant pot or plastic cup. If you don’t have plant seeds use lima beens, seeds from fruit or veggies.
- Plant care: 1) Pour a small amount of water daily 2) Make sure your plant gets plenty of sunlight. 3) Make a little book and chart daily the growth of your plant from seed to plant (Draw a picture daily to show your results).
- Make little books by folding paper in half and you can add more sheets in your book each day and staple them together. Have fun drawing stories in your books.
- Build things using recycled materials.
- Count things around the home, write the number and clap/jump that many times.
- Shape Detective: Search around your home or outside and talk about how you know what shape the object is by it’s attributes.
- Help set the table with plates, napkins, forks, etc. Count how many of each you
need for your family.
- Read every night and discuss the story. Ask who, what, where, when, why and how
What's on this page:
Click links to jump straight to that section.