- Do not let your child out of the car in the middle of the street. Please pull over and park before letting your child out or taking your child out of the car.
- Consider parking a block or two away and walking to avoid the traffic
- Do not block neighbors’ driveways. Please be considerate.
- Be kind to one another and be a good example for the children. Please refrain from cursing or being aggressive towards one another
- February 7, 2024 – Welcoming Wednesday – 8:15 – 8:50am – Prek-Grade 2 families. Come observe a Math lesson. One guest per student allowed due to space limitations.
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Survey – Families in grades 3-5 will be receiving a letter this week regarding an SEL survey that will be given to students unless families decide to opt them out. Please be sure to read the letter carefully when it comes home. The deadline to opt out is 2/5/24.
- Staying Healthy – Please click the link for the DOE’s Health guidance and Tips for staying healthy. https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/health-and-wellness/staying-healthy
- Queensborough Community Board – If you are interested in applying and serving our local community board, please visit: queensbp.org/communityboards
- NY Kids Rise: All kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade families can activate and view their children’s free NYC Scholarship Accounts with an initial $100 for college and career training. Activate now to receive $25 reward! www.nyckidsrise.org/
- Remote Readiness – Please contact the school if you or your child has difficulty accessing Google Classroom at home.
- Outdoor Recess – According to the NYC DOE, students are encouraged play outside whenever possible, which includes in cold weather. In collaboration with SLT, it is our school policy that children will go out to recess as long as the temperature is 32 degrees or higher with the wind chill. Children should come prepared with the following: a winter jacket, a hat, a scarf, and/or gloves. We suggest you label all items with your child’s first and last name.
- Class Dojo – If you have not done so already, be sure to sign up so that you can get updates from your child’s teacher.